Technical Specialist - Software Asset Management
- 6 months contract
- Melbourne CBD
- Large global organisation
The role?s main focus is managing the software - Microsoft, Adobe etc in terms of monitoring usage, license harvesting and reallocation.
The Support Analyst/Specialist (IT Configuration) will maintain the integrity, functionality and performance of the client's Configuration Management and IT Asset databases and Service Management toolsets and to ensure alignment with IT Service Asset & Configuration Management (SACM) policies, standards and procedures. Additionally, the role will involve maintaining information about the Configuration Items (CIs) required to maintain infrastructure as well as the administration, operation & governance of ServiceNow instances.
- Perform IT configuration activities including the identification, classification and specification of all configuration items and the interfaces to other processes and data
- Maintain a logical model, containing the components of the IT infrastructure (CIs) and their associations, to ensure consistent classification, management and traceability of configuration items
- Leverage baseline configuration items for every system and service as a checkpoint to which to return after changes
- Escalate identified opportunities or issues to the IT Configuration Process Lead in an effective and timely manner
- Align identified configuration requirements and baseline design to implementation
- Contribute to management of research and development of tools, processes and techniques
- Adhere to IT configuration policies, standards and procedures in alignment with Orica's IT strategy and business objectives
- Complete service requests and incidents in an effective and timely manner in compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Escalate issues and risks to the IT Service Asset and Configuration Management Lead in an effective and timely manner
- Identify, evaluate and resolve all operational incidents, issues and breaches ensuring that they are managed in accordance with agreed standards and procedures
Critical Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 5 + years experience for Support Specialist role
- 2+ years experience for Support Analyst role
- Strong problem solving, analysis and trouble shooting skills
- Proven ServiceNow skillsets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to develop positive relationships and effectively communicate with external partners, internal customers, and senior management
- Understanding of the components within and across the various IT services as well as the interrelationships
- Configuration Management & Support: Applies tools, techniques and processes for administering information (such as the tracking and logging of components and changes) related to configuration items.
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Dean Whittingham on 0386804205. Please quote our job reference number: 200170660.
Reference Number: 200170660_8
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.