- Parramatta Location
- Over 12 months contract
- Extensive experience in Cisco router/VoIP
Excellent Opportunity for an Network Specialist to join a Government sector on a long-term contract
Government sector is looking for an experienced Network Specialist to join a collaborative team. You will be responsible for providing network management and operational support for voice and data communications networks and services, using internal and external resources.
What will you be doing?
- Provide engineering support for data communications networks and infrastructure, including planning, cost estimation, implementation and technical investigations
- Research and analyse data communications requirements.
- Implement network performance monitoring and evaluation, including traffic studies and analysis
- Prepare specifications, invite quotes and place orders on vendors/contractors for goods and services as per procurement policies and guidelines
- Conduct site audits/inspections of data communications installations for adherence to engineering and quality standards
- Ensure completion of scope within agreed budget and timeframes, including liaising with vendors/contractors, and supervision of installation and commissioning of data communications systems and carrier services
- Document all aspects of data network installations for hand-over, including updating of the Communications Database for assets and carrier services
- Plan and supervise the arrangements for the scheduled outages of voice communications network to minimise the disruption
- Analyse, prioritise and process requests for assistance received from the project team
- Review and analyse network performance complaints and recommend adjustments to supervisor
- Provide support for the implementation of converged data and voice networks
- Maintain confidentiality and manage data in accordance with legislation and policy
- All other tasks as directed by the Project Manager and/or PMO related to delivering the Project.
You are required to have:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of data and voice communications principles and technologies, structured cabling and Australian carrier services.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in configuring and supporting Cisco routers and switches in a multi-protocol environment.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering data communications networks and infrastructure under major capital works programs and projects in a large and diverse organisation, including development and implementation.
- Strong support skills in diagnosing and rectifying complex network or network service related problems
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated experience in the preparation of technical specifications, reports and submissions
- Demonstrated people management skills
- Knowledge and understanding of modern converged data and voice communications technology (VoIP), Australian carrier services/products, and remote support functionalities
- Experience in implementing standards, guidelines and procedures in relation to operational matters of voice and data communications networks and their management, including disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Willingness to provide support out of hours
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate with clarity and precision (orally, written and presentational)
You are required to be an Australian Citizen.
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Aishwarya Raghotham on 02 9464 5514. Please quote our job reference number: 200171892.
Reference Number: 200171892_1
Contact Details: email@example.com
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Jobs you may also be interested in ...
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.