Senior Business Analyst
- Exciting career opportunity
- Sydney CBD
- Contract Position
Leading organisation are looking for an experienced BA to work on major, complex IT projects
The key responsibilities for this role include:
Effective delivery of the following for each project:
Business Needs Identification
- Meeting with key business stakeholders to understand business needs, gather information and analyse requirements.
- Assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of existing business operations to establish a base for developing improved structures, processes and systems.
- Analysing workflow to create process and information models and identify areas of potential improvement.
- Working with the Directors and relevant stakeholders to develop Needs Analysis documents describing required change that accurately reflects stated issues
- Assisting the business in developing their Business Requirements for projects within agreed policies, standards and architectures and in getting this signed off by the appropriate stakeholders.
- Developing the Detailed Requirements Specification (DRS) that provides a detailed description of the users' business requirements.
- Maintaining accountability for quality analysis and documentation that is the foundation on which future systems are developed.
Business Solution Development
- Producing specifications to communicate business user requirements for approval by senior management, Project Managers and IT experts.
- Reviewing functional specifications and solution concepts developed by IT & vendors that describe the desired outcomes of system development, integration or enhancement projects within agreed policies, standards and architectures to ensure these solutions meet the business requirements.
- Contributing to business cases that describe and justify the parameters of technology change initiatives.
- Support the development of test strategies, plans, scripts and assist in SIT where applicable in conjunction with project test resources.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Demonstrable and comprehensive experience in contemporary business analysis techniques and tools used on at least 2 major complex IT projects.
- Significant experience as a Senior Business Analyst.
- Demonstrable and comprehensive experience in stakeholder management involving stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Demonstrable and comprehensive knowledge of full system development life cycle, its typical phases, the deliverables within the phases and the Business Analysts role within the phases
- Understanding of process improvement methodologies, related concepts, and frameworks.
- Outstanding ability to analyse, isolate and interpret business needs and develop appropriate requirements specifications.
- Very high level of liaison, communication (oral and written), negotiation, consultation, conflict resolution, change management, documentation and report writing skills
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline, or demonstrated advanced ability in business analysis, project definition and business case preparation.
If you are interested in this role and believe you meet the above criteria APPLY now or contact Olivia Lewis via email email@example.com
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Olivia Lewis on 02 9464 5511. Please quote our job reference number: 200174161.
Reference Number: 200174161_1
How to Apply?
Click on the link below