Technical Specialist ? VMware
- Melbourne location
- Immediate start
- Growth opportunity
We are seeking for a Technical Specialist ? VMware for 3 months contract role with our tier 1 client for Melbourne location.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our client is a leading Australian organisation, extremely well branded with a very corporate environment. Great Melbourne CBD location, close to all transport and shops.
A dynamic and flexible environment will provide for the right candidate experience with an Enterprise Giant!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Technical Specialist to provide technical advice and expertise to support the development, implementation, support and administration of technology solutions across the middleware space with superior skills across virtualization specifically with the VMware product stack.
Core responsibilities include:
- Adhere to strategy and process to ensure that we are using the expected patterns and processes to maintain standards and optimal performance
- Being accountable to have a fundamental understanding of the cross platform technologies and how they interact
- Bridging the gap between Architecture, Engineers, and SME's to ensure that the designs we are putting forward are supportable and can function as designed.
- Be a strong advocate for software currency
- Work closely with Capacity Mgmt team to ensure we are managing the environment appropriately across the various platforms
- Acting as the gate to vet change and associated risk to suggested changes
- Recommend, improve and drive implementation & adherence to agreed methodologies, standards and guidelines
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide support to peer Technical Specialists to support their competency development and ensure their effective contribution to team objectives
- Contribute to major projects and services as they impact on the delivery of agreed plans to users and ensure investments achieve their objectives
- Contribute to the development of proposals and technical evaluations of products, tools, techniques and methods to meet business needs;
- Investigate designated problems, and recommend technically sound options to adapt generic hardware and software to new developmental and operating requirements
- Conduct research, investigations and feasibility studies into designated technical issues and problems
Desired experience includes:
- Broad exposure to a variety of other technologies (e.g. Unix, Databases,, Networks, VMware, Storage) with a firm understanding of the interdependencies between those technologies and the role area of expertise
- Knowledge of the banking/finance industry
- SME or Technical Lead in fast-paced, dynamic IT environments with competing and rapidly changing priorities
- Sound knowledge of relevant current and emerging technologies
- Preparation & presentation of material to all levels of management and delivery
- Proven ability to articulate application of product technology best practice recommendations
- Proven experience in leading complex defect troubleshooting and resolution
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Rutika Kawale on 03 86804220. Please quote our job reference number: 200168818.
Reference Number: 200168818_2
How to Apply?
Click on the link below