Network Technical Specialist L3 x 2 ? Large Telco ? 6 month contract initially
- Start in early Feb 2018 for a 6 month contract initially
- Telecommunications / F5 / Cisco / VMWare NSX
- Sydney CBD Based - $700-750 per day (inc super)
This large Telco in Sydney CBD is looking for 2 experienced Network Technical specialists to work within their large DC / Infra environment.
This major telecommunications provider is looking for 2 experienced Network Technical Specialists / Support Engineers to join their Sydney based team for an initial 6 month contract.
These roles are to act as dedicated network specialists for supporting the network & IT environments for Data Centres and Network Infrastructure.
The role will involve being the Subject Matter Expert for network & IT Infrastructure and providing L3 support to all network aspects. Other responsibilities will include deployment, migration and operation of new network services, as well as support of end to end network connectivity, routing/switching, firewalling and load-balancing services.
- Provide Third Level Support (before Vendor Escalation) on various network technologies.
- Participate in Major Incidents as needed when above expertise is required.
- Deploy and migrate IT Network infrastructure for DCs, FTTC and related IT environments.
- Perform Periodic and Preventative Maintenance operational tasks for network hardware and end to end connectivity.
- Implementation of automation tools in monitoring and management
- Delivering projects both in and out of hours that relate to network areas.
- Create and maintain the key Operational Documents, including Work Procedures
- On-Job Training and Mentoring of technical groups in areas of his/her expertise
- Assist with problem management and maintaining the DC and FTTC network infrastructure
- Assist with capacity and performance planning and management across the lifecycle of the platform and assist with managing the DC and FTTC technology roadmap
Key Skills / Essential Requirements:
- 5-7 year's cisco/f5/vmware network exposure with ~3 years focused on delivery and operation of mission critical systems. Systems are: Cisco switches, routers and firewalls - Mandatory
- Previous migration project experience to Cisco's ACI technology
- Experience with Data Centre networking concepts and technologies
- Experience with Cisco based 'Traditional' and ACI
- Experience with F5 load-balancers
- Solid experience with VMware/NSX
- Has past success in managing complex infrastructure environments with mission critical application
- Has past success in managing complex network environments with mission critical SLA's
- Some knowledge of IT Service Continuity and DR.
- ITIL disciplines - change, incident and problem management.
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Kevin Monahan on 02 9464 5571. Please quote our job reference number: 200174284.
Reference Number: 200174284_1
How to Apply?
Click on the link below