Snr Security Incident Coordinator (Tier 3) - Contract 2 Perm - North Ryde area
- Global IT and Managed Security Services
- Excellent Career development and growth opportunities
- Core Business hours
Exciting opportunity in the Cyber Security area of the business which is set for rapid growth and expansion over the next 5 years. Global Team
Due to growth, this Global IT & Security managed services and Outsourcing powerhouse has a new opportunity for an experienced Senior Security Incident Coordinator to be positioned in a Tier 3 Capacity.
This is a contract initially with the scope to be converted to permanent if successful.
You will be joining the recently publicised and re-launched Global Security Operations Center working on delivering Security related support and incident management services to end users globally.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- On-call duties for escalation of Security Incidents
- Responsible for peer review, final approval, and delivery of significant incident reports (e.g. Root Cause Analyses), management briefings, and incident updates
- Take the lead in management and technical update meetings during significant incidents, delegate tasks to the level 1 and 2 team members, to other security teams, and to other business units.
- Define the meeting timeframes and scheduling for all update briefings.
- Document action items carried out by the Incident Coordination team
- If required, task the level 1 and 2 teams to complete additional incident related actions outside of meetings
- Liaise with level 1 and 2 Analysts to ensure that SOC action items are being actioned correctly, and provide guidance where necessary to facilitate the completion of such tasks
Key Essential Skills:
- Candidates will have a minimum of three years' experience in an Information Security (IS) role, or two years in an IS Incident Response role, with the relevant qualifications.
- Applicants should have a strong familiarity with IS tools and industry best practices, including but not limited to IPS, malware behavioural analysis and/or tools, vulnerability assessment tools, system security hardening or configuration.
- Preference will be given to candidates with extensive IS Incident Response experience and with cross-discipline experience in additional areas of IT, such as Network and Server Administration.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Security or related discipline, or any of the following or similarly related certifications: CCNA, CEH, OSCP, OPST, eCPTT, GCIH, GCIA or GSEC
- Strong verbal and written English skills, in particular the ability to communicate clearly in writing with correct spelling, grammar, sentence structure, and style.
- Experience writing formal documents and reports for a management or academic target audience.
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, up to and including executive level management.
- The ability to develop new processes quickly in response to changes in business requirements and the Information Security landscape.
- In-depth understanding of TCP, IP, and other lower level network protocols, as well as common higher-level protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, FTP, and others. The ability to conduct in-depth analysis of network traffic and packet captures.
- Strong familiarity with network security devices, including firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, proxies, switches, routers, and others. Understanding of modern network operating systems, how they communicate, and in particular familiarity with the Microsoft Windows line of Operating Systems.
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Nathan Coller on 02 94645869. Please quote our job reference number: 200175612.
Reference Number: 200175612_2
How to Apply?
Click on the link below