Lead Business Analyst
- Brisbane CBD
- Immediate start, 6 month contract + extensions
- SharePoint 2013 / O365 / Metalogix
I am looking to speak to a Lead Business Analyst, ideally with some project management experience to work with a global resources company.
We're looking for an experienced Lead Business Analyst capable of running small to medium projects using a hands-on approach in an agile and practical manner to push through barriers and provide solutions to challenging situations as they arise. The project will operate at a rapid pace to reach the milestones across simultaneous work-streams as quickly as possible, prioritizing outcomes as the project team learns and adapts.
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of support and maintenance turn-around for X SharePoint environments and their hosted applications; by reducing complexity in environments and implementing simplified enterprise SharePoint management tools
- Lower total cost of ownership of X SharePoint environments; by rationalizing, consolidating or decommissioning infrastructure and migrating Sites to Office365 SharePoint Online as first preference or, by exception, a shared on-premises system.
- Protect business data and control sites sprawl; by aligning to a new global SharePoint governance model and creating visibility through implementing data discovery services.
The project will be managed as a program comprising of multiple unique work-packages that will be executed in parallel but with different duration and costs depending on complexity. Complexity will be gauged on change impact, technical constraints or business risks and shall follow a repeatable methodology to Assess, Design, Implement, Transition and Retire old to new services. Work-Packages shall be created at the completion of the technical discovery of existing SharePoint sites globally and by engaging directly with the associated business owners and users of each identified SharePoint delivered service. The project team consists a mixture of IT subject matter experts, vendors and external specialists.
For each work package, as the Lead BA you will be responsible for;
1. Create the Work Package Brief and in doing so:
- Using all channels available, discover stakeholders and current use case of the analyzed SharePoint sites,
- Build relationships with business stakeholders to entrust the project with migration of critical business services,
- Capture Business and Functional Specifications,
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for improvement and gain stakeholder approval,
- Analyze, assess and recommend options for future state, documenting the "As-is and To-be",
- Agree objective, scope, stakeholders and deliverables,
- Estimate cost of executing the Work Package to deliver outcome and align with the Benefit Realization Plan, and
- Obtain sign-off of Work Package brief and prepare to Execute it
2. Execute Work Package Brief
- Schedule and manage tasks to achieve work package outcomes,
- Partner with Technical Lead to set up, migrate, test and go-live SharePoint migrations,
- Support the Change Manager to assist with service transitions, bringing in the required assistance as deemed appropriate,
- Proactively manage risk and issues, and
- Provide regular progress status reports to senior Project Manager
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience;
- Bachelor's Degree in a related supporting field,
- Minimum 5 years of business analysis experience (eliciting, analysing, documenting and managing requirements for IT systems), including utilising formal development methodologies and various business analysis elicitation/analysis techniques,
- This would include experience in writing Business and Functional Specifications, facilitating workshops, and in Use Case and User Story development,
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years in a BA Lead capacity mentoring other BAs on large IT projects,
- Experience on working with SharePoint 2013 or later Projects (ideally O365 or OnPrem) or Metalogix tool,
- Solid Leadership, Meeting Management and Facilitation skills; be capable of leading elicitation workshops, and distinguishing between user needs/wants, and
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, including strong technical and business writing skills
If you're available immediately, and you have the skills and experience to fulfill this position, do not hesitate to APPLY for immediate consideration.
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Jordan Ricketts on 07 3339 5608. Please quote our job reference number: 200175891.
Reference Number: 200175891_1
How to Apply?
Click on the link below