ICT Procurement Specialist
- Strong knowledge of Qld Government sourcing policies required
- Contract unitl end of June with likely extension
- Brisbane CBD based
Experienced ICT Procurement Specialist required to deliver high-risk, high-value, complex commercial procurement outcomes
Join a large Qld Government Department on an initial 3 month contract.
As the Procurement Specialist, you will be responsible for the following:
- Contribute to and make recommendation towards the Procurement Services Team strategy in relation to governance frameworks, annual and significant procurement plans, ensuring alignment with departmental and government procurement outcomes.
- Develop the stakeholder engagement strategy and actively manage internal and external stakeholder relationships, conducting business reviews to ensure delivery of high value outcomes.
- Provide specialist support and advice and deliver high-risk, high-value, complex commercial procurement outcomes that are fit or purpose aligned with the procurement lifecycle.
- Lead negotiations with vendors and business areas in the procurement of assets and services.
- Manage high-risk, high-value, complex contracts, develop contract management plans, assessing performance and ensuring value for money, benefits generation and improved return on investment.
- Research and prepare tenders, submissions, reports, briefing materials and other correspondence and provide expert analysis and advice for key stakeholders on procurement matters.
- Embed whole-of-government procurement related policies, standards, directives and initiatives, develop and implement better practice systems, processes and training and represent Treasury's interests in whole-of-government Standing Offer Arrangements (SOAs).
- Drive improved procurement data management, project monitoring, benefits management and reporting for key stakeholders, including relevant contract disclosure and benefits reporting.
- Support the development of procurement capability
To be considered for this role you will need to possess the following skills and experience:
- Have the skills to manage a significant procurement activity, including drafting a significant procurement plan, establishing a risk matrix, undertaking market testing, and managing an invitation to offer process in line with the organisation's procurement policy;
- Be able to support contract negotiations;
- Proven working experience as a procurement manager or senior procurement officer;
- Knowledge of Queensland State Government sourcing and policies;
- Talent in negotiations and networking;
- Good knowledge of ICT;
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers; and
- Strong leadership capabilities.
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Anita Cunningham on 07 33395626. Please quote our job reference number: 200175003.
Reference Number: 200175003_2
How to Apply?
Click on the link below