Windows System Engineer
- Large & Complex Government Organization
- Enterprise Microsoft Windows Projects
- Sydney - CBD
Currently looking for a Windows System Engineer for a wide program of work, Active Directory, Cisco UCS, VMware, Operating Systems, Ultimo
We are currently looking to engage a Windows System Engineer who can support an enterprise wide program of work for a large and complex Government organization.
Working as part of a well-established and high performing team, you will be responsible for the implementation and assist in the coordination of deployment and upgrade projects, working with architects to create solution designs.
As the Windows System Engineer, you will ensure the upgrade of the existing Windows based solutions are agreed to the organizations service levels.
The successful candidate will have strong design experience not BAU support.
- Working with architects and other staff to create solution designs.
- The development and implementation of Windows based solutions as per design.
- The upgrade of existing Windows based solutions to agreed service levels.
- The provision of day to day support for project infrastructure prior to project completion.
- The provision of appropriate project, client and handover documentation.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with other staff assigned to projects to ensure delivery of project dependencies.
- Broad knowledge (backed by at least 2-3 yrs experience) in the design and implementation (not BAU Support) of Windows based infrastructure in an enterprise environment. Certificate Services SMEs will be considered favourably as this is a current gap in our team.
- Active Directory/Group Policy/DNS/DHCP
- Enterprise server hardware, especially Cisco UCS
- Experience in large scale VMware vSphere environments
- OS build processes, including Altiris based deployment methodologies.
- Integration of external vendor applications into enterprise environments
- Enterprise security requirements at the Operating System level, including determining firewall and networking requirements for server deployments and remediating security issues
- Cloud (IaaS) experience; particularly with Microsoft Azure
- Backup and Imaging software, including Symantec NetBackup / System Recovery
- Microsoft Server Clustering (MSCS)
- Web servers (typically Microsoft IIS), FTP
- PowerShell scripting
If you are interested in the role, please apply or send updated resume to Ra'id at email@example.com
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Ra'id Ahmad on 02 9464 5554. Please quote our job reference number: 200175941.
Reference Number: 200175941_1
How to Apply?
Click on the link below