Database Systems Specialist-Bathurst
- Initial 6 month contract
- National Organisation
- Bathurst Location
Become responsible for providing support and development (where required) expertise for the business's Database platforms
Your chance is now available to head over to the beautiful region of Bathurst on an initial 6 month engagement with a huge utilities organisation.
LAFHA can be claimed by candidates who temporarily relocate to Bathurst whilst keeping a property where they have relocated from (Candidates who are originally based in Bathurst or who permanently relocate to Bathurst are not eligible for LAFHA)
Role & Responsibilities
- Actively participate in Operational Support activities of all environments including on-call (Production only), incident management, problem management, change management, configuration management, monitoring, implementation
- Identify areas of impact by assessing release notes and other documentation for patches as required
- Raise and work through support calls with vendors of the supported systems
- Implementation of patches and bug fixes to ensure system stability and performance
- Design, Develop, Test and Promote solutions for new or changed requirements as received in line with team prioritisation, scheduling and development life cycle controls and processes
- Use of appropriate Defect and Request Management frameworks and tools to accurately record and manage defects.
- Develop, test and execute implementation plans for releases through all supported environments
Skills & Requirement
- Extensive experience in a similar role in an ICT environment
- Advanced skills in MS SQL Server (versions 2008, 2012, 2014 and 2016
- Experience with Microsoft Azure is essential
- Proven ability and experience in performing migrations from on-premise servers to Azure cloud PAAS and IAAS offerings
- Practical experience in designing, deploying and operating complex ICT systems determined by area (Integration, Reporting, Database Systems)
- Practical experience in the use of enterprise helpdesk software
- Practical experience with enterprise Incident, Request, Configuration and Change management software
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact George Davies on 02 94645955. Please quote our job reference number: 200175791.
Reference Number: 200175791_3
How to Apply?
Click on the link below