Principal Manager - ICT Assurance
- Provide strategic, whole of NSW government advice for ICT Investment and project delivery through the ICT Assurance framework
- Drive a step change in ICT Assurance across the NSW public sector
- Make a real difference in a new, fast paced and exciting business unit About the NSW Department of Finance, Services & Innovation (DFSI)
About the NSW Department of Finance, Services & Innovation (DFSI)
DFSI is a service provider and regulator. We support sustainable government finances, major public works and maintenance programs, government procurement, information and communications technology, corporate and shared services, consumer protection, administration of State taxation and revenue collection, and NSW land and property administration.
ICT Assurance is part of ICT and Digital Government (IDG) and oversees major NSW Government ICT projects. The work we do ensures projects are delivered on time, on budget, and provide benefits for agencies and citizens. We’re a newly established capability in government which means there is plenty of opportunity to help shape and drive the way we are creating value.
Be part of something unique. The work we do impacts citizens every day and defines the future of the IT systems and digital capabilities that underpin critical NSW Government services such as schools, hospitals and justice. The NSW public sector is the largest employer in the Southern Hemisphere and the scope of our work gives breadth and diversity not found anywhere else in Australia. In this challenging and diverse role you will work with CIOs and senior business leaders across the NSW public sector.
About the Role
As Principal Manager, ICT Assurance, you will play a major role in leading assurance reviews to ensure ICT investments are validated, projects are setup for success and confidence and the successful delivery of outcomes are assured. You will liaise with programme owners and provide high level strategic advice to senior NSW Government leaders to guide major projects through the assurance process and ensure they deliver value for agencies and our citizens.
You will work closely with major programme owners to understand their business, technical and delivery needs. You will support senior leaders and agency stakeholders through the assurance review framework, influence the success of projects, make recommendations about their viability, health and remedial actions.
We are looking for extensive experience in delivering large scale ICT and digital projects and a solid understanding of technology and digital services. The successful candidate will have outstanding relationship building skills and the ability to understand the strategic requirements of each programme as well as the most effective approach to its delivery. The ideal candidate will possess the following capabilities and experience:
• Extensive experience in planning and delivering complex programs/projects requiring ICT and business change
• Ability to construct reports/submissions suitable for executive decision making
• Extensive experience in cost/benefit analysis, change management and risk plans
• General undersetting of enterprise architecture, infrastructure services and digital solutions
• In-depth experience interpreting project performance data, trends and patterns and ability to derive insights and actions
• Effective senior stakeholder management and high quality oral and written communication
• Experience in risk-based project assurance practices
• Experience in various project methodologies, Waterfall, Hybrid and Agile
• Flexible and able to work in a team environment with a focus on continuous improvement
How to Apply?
For enquiries regarding this position, please contact Assine George, Director ICT Assurance on 02 8276 8644 or 0431116598.
Should you encounter any technical problems, please contact the IWorkFor.NSW helpdesk on 1800 562 679.
Contact Name: Assine George
Contact Email: email@example.com